BEDMINSTER, N.J., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP), a global provider of online trading services, announced that it received FXCM Inc.'s letter dated April 8, 2013, which contains a proposal to acquire GAIN for 0.3996 shares of FXCM Class A common stock for each share of GAIN common stock.
The Board will consider this proposal, as well as a range of options to build shareholder value. There is no assurance that any transaction will be consummated.
About GAIN CapitalGAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP) is a global provider of online trading services. GAIN's innovative trading technology provides market access and highly automated trade execution services across multiple asset classes, including foreign exchange (forex or FX), contracts for difference (CFDs) and exchange-based products, to a diverse client base of retail and institutional investors. Through our retail brand, FOREX.com, we provide retail traders around the world with access to a variety of global OTC financial markets, including forex, precious metals and CFDs on commodities and indices. GAIN Capital also operates GTX, a fully independent FX ECN for hedge funds and institutions; Open eCry (OEC), an innovative online futures broker; and GAIN Securities, Inc. (member FINRA/SIPC) a licensed U.S. broker-dealer. GAIN Capital and its affiliates have offices in New York City; Bedminster, New Jersey; London; Sydney; Hong Kong; Tokyo; Singapore; Beijing; and Seoul. For further company information, visit www.gaincapital.com SOURCE GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV