Penske Logistics Completes Major Upgrade And Relocation Of Its World-Class Data Center
READING, Pa., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Penske Logistics has completed a significant upgrade of its enterprise-class data center that serves all of its supply chain customers. The multi-million dollar project, started last November, was recently concluded.
The data center was previously housed on-site at a Penske Logistics facility in Beachwood, Ohio. The new center is now located a few miles away off-site and has increased square footage available for future data center expansion."This new facility is staffed 24 hours a day by data center experts and provides state-of-the-art redundancy, security, cooling and power for our technology solutions," stated Tom McKenna, Senior Vice President of Logistics Engineering and Technology for Penske Logistics. "Our company committed to this endeavor to better serve the needs of our customers with the next generation of technology infrastructure," he said. "Enhanced disaster recovery tools are an important part of that infrastructure. Our customers will also benefit from improved system performance that comes with the addition of advanced logistics production hardware." This project was jointly executed by the Penske Logistics and Penske Truck Leasing Information Technology departments. Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. To learn more visit www.PenskeLogistics.com. Connect with Penske Logistics on social media: Move Ahead Blog, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV