TORONTO and PALO ALTO, Calif., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- (TSX-V: SEV) Spectra7 Microsystems Inc. ("Spectra7"), a high performance analog semiconductor company delivering unprecedented speed, resolution and signal fidelity to consumer and wireless infrastructure products, today announced that Konka Group Co., Ltd ("Konka"), a leading television and mobile phone manufacturer in China, has selected Spectra7 as the major supplier of advanced TV tuner chips across 9 different flat panel TV models. These next generation silicon tuner chips replace bulky, expensive electro-mechanical tuners, allowing flat panel displays to be thinner, sleeker and less costly to manufacture. The achievement of a low-cost single chip analog TV tuner is exceptional and as a result Spectra7 has earned several patents for its signal processing research efforts and unique architecture.
Spectra7's patented TV tuners have been designed-in to Konka's expanded ultra-thin LED TV product line expected to launch shortly in multiple geographies including under its own brand in China and under OEM brands in the U.S., Europe, South America and Australia.
"Konka is a technology and performance leader in the Asian marketplace for HDTV products and we're pleased with their decision," commented Tony Stelliga, CEO of Spectra7. "We've achieved a major milestone with a cross platform set of design wins in Konka's ultra-slim LED product line – the mainstream sweet spot in the marketplace."
"Spectra7 is a critical partner in our television strategy of delivering world class, innovative flat panel TVs with outstanding image quality to the worldwide market," commented
Hu Qin, the project head of Konka's Multimedia Technology R&D Center. "Our decision to utilize their SimplyRF™ silicon tuner technology is based on performance, support and cost effectiveness. Spectra7 has worked hard on this project and we appreciate their efforts."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV