HOPKINTON, Mass., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced that MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (MLBAM), the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball, has implemented EMC® technologies to support live video streaming and e-commerce for baseball fans around the world. With the performance and reliability advantages of EMC technologies, MLBAM has improved the quality of video streaming and online experiences for fans looking to capture their favorite MLB baseball teams in action.
- Increased Performance — EMC Isilon's built-in metadata acceleration has increased performance of MLBAM's video streaming by 50%, and EMC VMAX® 10K with FAST VP has helped increase performance of Oracle-based website applications by 67%
- Improved Availability — System downtime has been reduced by 95% since implementing Isilon ®, enabling MLBAM to deliver live video streaming.
- Simplified Management — Since consolidating its IT infrastructure with a centralized management console from Isilon, MLBAM has reduced storage administration time from 10 to two hours weekly.
- Better Efficiency — With intelligent storage tiering and provisioning with VMAX, storage utilization rates have increased by 65%, reducing total cost of ownership of IT assets by 50 %.
Customer Challenges and Solution:The popularity of MLBAM's online and video streaming offerings has grown rapidly. MLBAM captured, encoded and distributed nearly 18,000 live video events, including up to 60 live streams of baseball games every day during a seven to 12 hour period. As streaming activity and transaction volumes have surged, MLBAM's prior storage and file systems were no longer providing adequate performance and reliability. In addition, the prior infrastructure was based on disparate systems and complex configurations, requiring IT staff to spend time and resources on day-to-day administration and troubleshooting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV