TORRANCE, Calif., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Toyota continues to offer its free-of-charge safe driving skills program, Toyota Driving Expectations, and comprehensive online resources with the goal of reducing motor vehicle crashes, the leading cause of death among teens. Upcoming behind-the-wheel safety events will be held in Torrance, Calif., Denver and San Antonio for newly licensed or permitted teens and their parents to learn about defensive driving skills, crash avoidance techniques and the dangers of distracted driving during the 2.5-hour program.
Moving into its 10 th year, Toyota Driving Expectations supplements standard driver's education to prepare inexperienced drivers for the challenges they'll face on the road. In recognizing the importance of parents' involvement to help their teens develop responsible driving habits, the program requires a parent or guardian to accompany their teen.
Kicking-off in Torrance, Calif., professional instructors in the Toyota Driving Expectations "On The Road" program tour lead teens through driving courses and in-classroom discussions, while encouraging continued learning at home and demonstrating safe driving habits. This year's events will be held at:
- Torrance, Calif. on May 4-5 at Toyota headquarters. Registration now open at www.toyotadrivingexpectations.com
- Denver, Colo . on May 18-19 at Bass Pro Shops. Registration opens April 18.
- San Antonio, Texas on June 8–9 at Toyota Texas Plant. Registration opens May 9.
"Safer drivers lead to safer roads, so Toyota is committed to helping educate and empower teens and parents around smart driving choices," said Michael Rouse, Toyota's vice president of diversity, philanthropy and community affairs. "Through our safe driving programs, partnerships and online resources, we hope more young drivers will absorb the sobering lessons of distracted driving and learn key skills to keep themselves safe behind the wheel."To further the connection with teens in local communities, Toyota Driving Expectations has launched teen driving assemblies in high schools and dealerships across the country. Free Toyota Driving Expectations safety clinics at select Toyota dealerships will be led this summer by professional drivers who address vehicle safety features, defensive driving, distracted driving and vehicle maintenance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV