KOR Launches "Bottled Water Killer" To Turn Back The Clock On 30-Year Bottled Water Trend
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- KOR unveiled its latest innovation, the Nava: an ultra stylish and convenient filtering water bottle for those seeking an alternative to bottled water. Nava contains its own replaceable filter that lasts 3 months under normal use, replacing 300 disposable bottles and saving consumers up to $400 in bottled water purchases. With Americans consuming and disposing of 20 billion plastic bottles each year – only 25% of which are recycled – the need for alternatives is greater than ever.
"Thirty years ago, the bottled water industry barely existed. Today, it's a 10 billion dollar moral hazard. By providing a stylish, convenient alternative, we think Nava can turn back the clock on bottled water," said KOR Co-Founder and President Paul Shustak.
Nava's filter is made from coconut shells, widely recognized as the most effective material for carbon filtration. After harvesting, the shells are converted to activated carbon using a proprietary process that minimizes greenhouse gas emissions. Unlike coal, which takes millions of years to form and may contain heavy metals, coconut is a renewable and health-safe resource. Nava's filter has been independently tested to exceed NSF 42 standards for chlorine taste and odor removal.
Nava is packed with other breakthrough innovations that make it unlike any filtered bottle that has come before:
- The ultimate in drinking comfort – Nava's ergonomic mouthpiece is the result of over a dozen prototypes. It feels great on your lips and makes using Nava a joy.
- Optimized water flow – Nava's filter system was carefully designed to make drinking feel natural. Unlike other bottles, drinking from Nava doesn't require squeezing or biting. You sip naturally as you would from a straw.
- Hands-free and splash proof – Nava features a flip top push-button cap. Perfect for driving, working out or other situations where your hands are tied up and you want quick, splash-free hydration.
- Foolproof filter replacement – Nava is the first bottle with its own online filter subscription service.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts