Ravn joined SBS in November 2003 as CEO of the TV business in Denmark, and has served as CEO of SBS Nordic since 2009. His prior experience includes senior television marketing, programming and management roles with Viasat/MTG, TV2 in Denmark and Yousee. He was previously head of programming for TV 3 in Denmark, where he led the launch of Channel 3+, the first large niche network in the country.
Filling out the SBS Discovery Media senior management team will be Christian Kemp as CEO Denmark, Jonas Sjogren as CEO Sweden/ Finland, Harald Stromme as CEO Norway, Hans van Rijn as Business Development Director, Eivind Landsverk as Programming & Content Director and Quinton Holland as CFO. Also on the senior team is Jan Andreassen, the leader of Discovery's Nordic business, who will serve as a key member of the integration team, working closely with Ravn and the rest of senior management to counsel on operational and strategic issues for the combined entity. Finally, Darren Campbell from Discovery will serve as Vice President of Human Resources.
The SBS Nordic acquisition includes the #2 commercial television portfolio in Norway with four networks and an overall viewership share of 34%; the #3 commercial television portfolio in Sweden with two networks and an overall viewership share of 22%; the #3 commercial television portfolio in Denmark with four networks and an overall viewership share of 19%; and the #3 commercial television portfolio in Finland with two networks and viewership share of 10% in the key demo. The acquisition also includes SBS Nordic's 19 radio stations, including the #1 radio portfolios in Sweden and Denmark, as well as several digital brands.
Discovery's TV brands in the Nordic region include Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Discovery Science, Investigation Discovery, Discovery World, Discovery HD Showcase and Animal Planet HD.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV