SHANGHAI, April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Giant Interactive Group Inc. (NYSE: GA) ("Giant" or "the Company"), one of China's leading online game developers and operators, announced today that Mr. Yuzhu Shi has resigned from his office as Chief Executive Officer of the Company effective April 19, 2013. Mr. Shi will continue to serve as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Company and the Board will appoint a new CEO, accompanied with a formal announcement to be made on April 19, 2013.
Mr. Yuzhu Shi, Giant's Chairman commented, "I am very proud of what Giant has achieved in the past nine years since we founded the Company in 2004. From developing the landmark free-to-play MMORPG ZT Online to being a public company listed on the NYSE, I have always envisioned Giant becoming a mature company with a self-sustaining culture and core values, relying on the entire team to produce the results which we demand of ourselves. Over the past several years we reorganized our research and development organization into independent studios, in order to foster the cross-fertilization of ideas and incentivize our developers to continually create innovative and commercially successful games. Our young talents have led their teams to create breakthrough games such as ZT Online 2 and the upcoming World of Xianxia, and have proved that this industry truly belongs to the young. I will continue to oversee the Company's strategic direction as Chairman of the Board, and to provide my full support to our management team and talents as Giant strides into the future, relying on the values we have nurtured company-wide to pave the way for exciting opportunities ahead."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV