OAKLAND, Calif., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading internet radio service, announced today that it has reached a milestone of 200 million registered users in the U.S. The popular personalized radio service had its first user register in the summer of 2005 and announced 100 million registered users in July of 2011, six years after the launch of the service. Pandora reached the 200 million registered user mark less than 2 years later.
Pandora Founder Tim Westergren said, "We started this company to help people discover and enjoy music they love, and to help artists reach and grow their audiences. Only in our wildest dreams did we imagine what it would become. It is now clear that radio is changing, and that's great news for music fans and for the tens of thousands of working artists who now have a home on the air."
In conjunction with the milestone announcement, the company released an infographic to visually highlight America's extraordinary embrace of personalized radio, with data points that include:
- Pandora streams 200 million songs before 10 a.m. every day.
- Listeners have personalized their stations with more than 25 billion thumbs.
- Last month, Pandora played more than 100,000 unique artists and more than 1 million unique songs. The vast majority of that music got no other terrestrial radio airplay.
- More than 140 million listeners have tuned in to Pandora on a mobile device.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts