UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A passionate young artist sets out to save her school's art and music program in the new feature-length movie, An American Girl: Saige Paints the Sky ™ , coming to Blu-ray ™ Combo Pack, DVD, and Digital Download on July 2, 2013 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Inspired by the beloved American Girl ® line of dolls and featuring the celebrated 2013 Girl of the Year, ® the film stars Jane Seymour ("Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman") and introduces Sidney Fullmer as Saige™.
Meet nine-year-old Saige, a talented artist with a passion for horses, in this modern-day story about finding your voice. Saige is excited about the new school year, until she discovers that art—her favorite class—has been cut. On top of that, her best friend, Tessa, seems to be spending more and more time with another girl. For help, Saige turns to her grandma Mimi (Seymour), a well-known artist and horsewoman, who inspires her to take action. Can Saige find the courage to overcome her fears, and save the art program and her friendship with Tessa? Heart-warming, empowering, and fun, it's a movie for every girl who has ever dreamed big.
The Blu-ray ™ Combo Pack allows fans to watch An American Girl: Saige Paints the Sky anytime, anywhere on the device of their choice. It includes a Blu-ray ™ disc, a DVD, a Digital Copy and UltraViolet ™ for the ultimate, complete viewing experience.
- Blu-ray ™ disc unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring perfect hi-def picture and perfect hi-def sound.
- Digital Copy provides fans with a choice of digital options to watch on devices such as iPhone ®, iPad ®, Android ™, computers and more.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing the movie in more places, both at home and while away.
- UltraViolet ™ is a revolutionary new way for fans to collect their movies and TV shows in the cloud. UltraViolet ™ lets consumers instantly stream and download to tablets, smartphones, computers and TVs. Now available in both the United States and Canada.
CAST AND FILMMAKERS:Cast: Jane Seymour, Sidney Fullmer, Alex Peters, Alana Gordillo, Mika Abdalla and Kerr Smith Directed By: Vince Marcello Based on the "Saige" stories by: Jessie Haas Teleplay By: Jessica O'Toole and Amy Rardin Producers: Jean A. Mckenzie and Debra Martin Chase Executive Producers: Steven Brown and Gaylyn Fraiche Co-Producer: Erin Falligant Director of Photography: Jon Joffin, ASC Edited By: Paul Millspaugh Production Designer: Robb Wilson King Costume Designer: Mary Partridge TECHNICAL INFORMATION BLU-RAY ™ COMBO PACK: Street Date: July 2, 2013 Copyright: 2013 Universal Studios Selection Number: 63126692 (US), 63127251 ( Canada) Running Time: 1 Hour, 40 Minutes Layers: BD-50 Picture Format: Widescreen Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 Rating: N/R Languages/Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish Sound: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 TECHNICAL INFORMATION DVD: Street Date: July 2, 2013 Copyright: 2013 Universal Studios Selection Number: 63126697 (US), 63126788 (Canada) Running Time: 1 Hour, 40 Minutes Layers: Dual Picture Format: Anamorphic Widescreen Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 Rating: N/R Languages/Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish Sound: English Dolby Digital 5.1 About Universal Studios Home Entertainment Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios ( www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is owned by Comcast Corporation. About American Girl American Girl Brands is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel (NASDAQ: MAT) ( www.mattel.com), the world's leading toy company. Since American Girl's inception in 1986, the company has devoted its entire business to celebrating the potential of girls ages 3 to 12. American Girl encourages girls to dream, to grow, to aspire, to create, and to imagine through a wide range of engaging and insightful books, age-appropriate and educational products, and unforgettable experiences. In meeting its mission with a vigilant eye toward quality and service, American Girl has earned the loyal following of millions of girls and the praise and trust of parents and educators. To learn more about American Girl or to request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005, or visit www.americangirl.com. CONTACT: UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT Cecilia SandovalDirector, Publicity Phone: 818-777-7364Email: Cecilia.Sandoval@nbcuni.com SOURCE Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV