REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Support.com, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPRT), a leading provider of cloud-based technology services and software designed to create new revenue streams and improve customer experience, today announced the release of Cosmos 3.0, the latest version of Support.com's all-in-one system care application for Windows ® PCs and Windows 8 tablets. Cosmos includes 24 system optimization and maintenance tools to keep Windows-based devices healthy, protected and free of clutter.
The expanded feature set in Cosmos 3.0 includes:
- A new Network Scanner Tool that automatically detects devices connected to the customer's network and provides one-click access to the router, simplifying management of the home network.
- Expanded Baseline Security scans, covering more applications and additional Privacy Cleaner scans and automated fixes for enhanced security and privacy.
- User interface enhancements for ease of use, an enhanced customer experience and Windows 8 tablet devices.
Cosmos is designed for channel distribution including partner branding, tailored promotions and messaging, and flexible licensing models including perpetual and software subscription options. Cosmos is currently distributed by national communications providers and retailers as part of their premium technology services programs.Cosmos is currently available on AOL ® Lifestore ® as AOL Computer Checkup ® . In 2011, AOL launched Lifestore.com to offer consumers a variety of quality services geared toward improving their lives both online and off. "The partnership with Support.com has enabled AOL to expand the portfolio of value-added services we offer via Lifestore.com," said Heather McIlhany, Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing at AOL. "The latest release of AOL Computer Checkup provides our customers with a comprehensive suite of tools to optimize and enhance their technology experience." "Cosmos, with its broad array of system optimization and maintenance tools, provides our partners a powerful tool for enhancing customer experience," said Support.com CEO Josh Pickus. "The latest release of Cosmos recognizes the increasing importance of home networks and tablet devices in the lives of consumers."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV