SAN FRANCISCO, April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Creative Market, the marketplace for handcrafted, mousemade design content, today announced their upcoming Commerce Platform to enable in-app and on-site commerce for creative assets. To showcase what's possible with their upcoming public API, they've launched a Photoshop Extension allowing users to discover and instantly use premium design content from Creative Market without ever leaving Photoshop. Assets are automatically installed and available inside Photoshop, creating a seamless experience across multiple devices, making the design process more efficient and offering a true "Creative Cloud."
"Making great design simple and accessible to everyone is at the core of Creative Market," said Darius Monsef, Founder and CEO, Creative Market. "Every piece of creative software has assets that make lives easier. Unfortunately, the creative process is broken and those assets live outside of the apps, scattered across the Web." said Monsef. "In the future, every piece of software will have a marketplace built into it. Creative Market is leading the charge by creating an API to connect across apps, sites and services. Releasing our Photoshop Extension is an example of how powerful the creative process can be when it's streamlined."
Creative Market's upcoming API opens the door for companies to use Creative Market to power their in-app marketplace, or integrate Creative Market content in their product. The Photoshop Extension is just one example of the many possibilities for their API. According to a recent Creative Market survey, of 1,100 respondents who frequently use Adobe's Creative Suite, users spend an average of an additional $150 a year on assets like fonts, icons, templates and other content used in their software. Creative Suite is currently without an App Store equivalent. With Adobe reporting 40 million paying customers of their Creative Suite, Creative Market is seizing this $6 billion dollar market that Adobe has created.
Here's how the Creative Market Photoshop Extension makes creatives' lives easier:
- Instantly Install Assets with a Single Click – Once users find the perfect asset for their project, assets are automatically installed in Photoshop with a single click. No more unzipping downloaded files, manually installing content (including fonts), or restarting Photoshop.
- Browse, Search and Buy Inside Photoshop – Users can freely browse the thousands of design assets on Creative Market for their projects while remaining in Photoshop. All assets from actions, brushes, fonts, gradients, graphics, layer styles, patterns, shapes, to templates and textures are at the users' fingertips.
- Access Purchases and Saved Collections in Photoshop – All Creative Market purchases and saved collections are available inside of Photoshop. No matter where users buy or bookmark their favorite assets, users are able to one-click install right in the app.
- Download New Free Goods Each Week – Users can pop open the extension each week to grab new free graphics, templates, fonts, brushes, add-ons and more that are sure to kick start any new project while saving time and money.
- Re-Install Purchased Assets in a Snap – With all of their purchases synced to their Creative Market account, users are able to quickly reinstall all of their crucial content and tools every time they upgrade Photoshop or move to a new computer.
- True Creative Cloud – Anytime a user purchases content from Creative Market online or the In-App Store, the creative assets are immediately available, across multiple devices.