SAN FRANCISCO, April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, more than 27,000 doctors in the United States have opened their calendars to patients online with the launch of Patient Fusion, the easiest place to find a doctor in the US. Visitors can find a verified doctor based on specialty and location, read reviews from actual patient visits and instantly request appointments. As users of Practice Fusion's free electronic health record (EHR) system, these doctors can also give patients instant access to their personal health records online.
"It's crazy that you can find quality restaurants easier than quality doctors. We're changing that today," said Ryan Howard, CEO of Practice Fusion. "Patient Fusion means unprecedented transparency into health care for patients—the power to choose your doctor based on quality and the power to access and control your own health records. This easy access should be—and will be—a basic right."
Every doctor available through Patient Fusion is using Practice Fusion's EHR to manage their patients' health, including new patient appointment requests. Approved requests will appear in the EHR schedule and generate confirmation emails with instructions for the visit, freeing up staff time for more important work and eliminating issues like double-booking. By granting patients access to their records, practices can make it easier for patients to keep an eye on key data such as immunizations and allergies and to follow post-visit instructions.Key Information:
- Patient Fusion's network includes more than 27,000 verified doctors across the United States
- 3 million open appointments are available on Patient Fusion for April 2013 alone
- Patient Fusion includes more than 1.5 million doctor reviews—an average of fourteen per profile—from real patients verified as having seen the doctor
- All doctors on Patient Fusion use Practice Fusion's cutting edge health technology to deliver safe, efficient care
- Doctors using Practice Fusion's free EHR platform serve 60 million patients across the US