BOSTON, April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bio-IT World -- Accelrys, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACCL), a leading provider of scientific innovation lifecycle management software, has announced the launch of the Accelrys Externalized Collaboration Suite, a software solution designed specifically to address the needs of life sciences organizations engaged in externalized network research. The suite is the only offering currently available that addresses the full range of externalization needs from technology transfer through networked collaboration to scientific informatics across all research data including experiments, chemical structures, assays and other test results. The result is a more holistic externalization strategy for partnering pharmaceutical, contract research, biotechnology and academic organizations as well as increased flexibility, reduced complexity and improved operational excellence in collaborative network research.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-accelrys-externalized-collaboration-suite-moves-research-networks-to-the-cloud-202038841.html
"Today most life sciences companies are grappling with informatics challenges surrounding externalization," said Accelrys president and chief executive officer Max Carnecchia. "Recognizing that consistent, repeatable scientific innovation is increasingly driven by global networks of contract research providers today, Accelrys has made externalized research a strategic part of product direction and a clear focus of investment to meet our customers' ongoing research informatics needs."
"With the pharmaceutical industry rapidly moving to multi-partner research collaborations to innovate faster and lower research and development costs, the operational processes typically in place today – a patchwork of email exchanges, E-rooms, SharePoint portals and VPNs – simply do not work well," said Dr. Matt Hahn, senior vice president and chief technology officer at Accelrys. "The Accelrys Externalized Collaboration Suite meets the challenges of this new working environment by enabling intelligent, real-time routing of work and seamless, compliant data transfer in the cloud across externalized research networks."The Accelrys Externalized Collaboration Suite enables secure, real-time, cloud-based access to results within research networks by both sponsor and partner organizations, enabling them to advance their parts of shared projects with maximum efficiency and speed. The Suite consists of:
- Accelrys HEOS ® ― A SaaS-based information management and collaboration workspace enabling secure, real-time transfer of structured project data among multiple partners; enforcement of sponsor business rules on results posted by network partners; and IP storage in a secure, project-specific information warehouse.
- Contur ELN ― A flexible, multi-disciplinary, low-cost-of-ownership electronic lab notebook that improves information sharing and reuse, data protection, process documentation and overall productivity. The Contur ELN can be deployed through a Cloud-based subscription to support technology transfer of experimental methods and requests from sponsors to CROs/network partners and CRO compliance with sponsor requirements for secure, auditable documentation of experiments.
- Accelrys Enterprise Platform ― A scientifically aware information integration and analytics platform facilitating the exchange and management of information created in-house and within externalized partner networks and transforming the data where necessary. The platform also supports the extensibility of cloud systems to implement standard business rules and data analysis methods ensuring results data is compliant with the informatics standards of sponsoring organizations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV