AIRPORT CITY BUSINESS PARK, Israel, April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
RRsat Global Communications Network Ltd. (NASDAQ: RRST), a leading provider of comprehensive digital content management and global distribution services to the television and radio broadcasting industry, announced today the launch of a new solution that enables major international broadcasters to reach cable headends and direct-to-home (DTH) television broadcasting in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). The solution has already been utilized by multiple RRsat customers, including SonLife Broadcasting Network (SBN) and Angel TV.
RRsat's new end-to-end solution for Russia and the CIS includes a full range of services from content capture, production and management through distribution and extensive playout services from the RRsat Emek HaEla teleport in Israel. The solution combines RRsat's Ku-Band MCPC platform on the new Yamal-300K satellite, which covers western, central and eastern regions of Russia and the CIS, reaching 98% of the population, and utilizes frequencies that are ideal for DTH television broadcasting and for TV contribution to cable headends.
"RRsat's new solution for Russia and the CIS demonstrates our commitment to helping our clients cost-effectively expand their broadcasts to reach viewers throughout the world," said Lior Rival, Chief Commercial Officer at RRsat, "We are thrilled to offer a new solution that, combined with the optimal coverage provided by the Yamal -300K satellite, enables our customers to reach almost every household in Russia and the CIS, a population exceeding 275 million people."The Yamal -300K satellite was launched in 2012 at 90˚ east, a highly attractive position, similar to the Yamal 201 satellite. RRsat's Yamal -300K platform is designed for carrying SD, HD and 3D content and enables reception by antennas with a diameter of less than 90 cm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV