From the start, they were thrilled by the idea that this crowd-sourced data would allow Mendeley to analyse research trends across academic disciplines in real time, show readership statistics for individual research papers, connect researchers with similar interests and generate research paper recommendations based on collaborative filtering.
To welcome Mendeley's individual users, Elsevier is increasing the product's Freemium offer. The free storage level has expanded from 1 gigabyte to 2, and the amount of storage provided in the premium levels has expanded as well. For institutions, the Mendeley Institutional Edition (MIE) will continue to be available. MIE is a tool that helps universities analyse research activity in real time, complementing the traditional Impact Factor system of academic citations. It also enables librarians to extract more value from resources by optimizing their subscriptions and providing a better service to their researchers by tracking which journals are being read by faculty and students.
This union extends a history of collaboration between the two companies that began in 2009. For example, Elsevier has referred users to Mendeley, invited Mendeley to build apps on ScienceDirect using its open APIs, and sponsored Mendeley's Science Online London conferences on Open Science.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV