Third-party integration is achieved via the ExtremeXOS operating system, supporting OpenFlow technology on Summit switches and offering customization tools and interfaces that deliver automation and application enhancements in concert with the network.
Boosting security with high performance devices, the Open Fabric Edge equips IT departments to more easily deploy high resolution cameras for PhySec in the access layer. The ExtremeXOS operating system offers tools, including new Chalet, an intuitive web-based GUI, to detect and provision IP-based cameras, using secure 802.1x authentication and QoS policies to ensure quality video.
With The Open Fabric edge, the network delivers the scale, performance and reliability that keep users connected, communicating and productive. Automation and network customization is enabled with the support of both programmable APIs, and SDN tools with OpenFlow and OpenStack. Additionally, new cost-optimized Summit X430 wired access switches and Altitude™ 4022 and 4522 Wireless LAN 802.11n APs allow for strategic cost-optimization deployments as the demands of the network increase.
Extreme Networks enterprise campus solution brings a range of choices and key functionality to mobilize enterprises and campus, and to respond to exploding data traffic from multiple devices and systems.Highlights of the Open Fabric Edge Include:
- New Summit® X430 series switches that extend the intelligence and resiliency of the ExtremeXOS® network operating system to the converged access edge, enabling fine grained Quality of Service (QoS), high availability features and identity aware security in a compact, cost effective switch.
- New Summit X440 series switches include fiber optic interfaces on all ports to physically extend the network edge. Customers can now connect devices including cameras, phones, remote offices, and other switches at distances up to 70km from aggregation or core switches.
- Ridgeline TM 4.0 Network and Service Management Software provides an updated graphical user interface to provide a single pane of glass view for switches, access points and wireless controllers.
- New Chalet is an intuitive web-based GUI for simplified PhySec operation designed for Axis Communication IP cameras management through an Extreme Networks switch.
- New Altitude 4022/4522 access points that lower the cost of deploying and operating a secure, reliable 802.11n wireless LAN (WLAN), and enables controller-less operations at small to medium sites by serving as a virtual controller and coordinating the operation of up to 24 neighboring access points for mobility and QoS services.
- ExtremeXOS modular operating system for high availability architecture with EAPS protocol to reduce network downtime for business continuity and access to mission-critical applications such as CRM, data warehouses and VoIP for carrier and voice grade networks.