A high advertising spend could correlate with higher revenue, but does not necessitate higher profits. Coca Cola and Samsung are two companies in completely different sectors that have effective marketing campaigns. Investors should expect these two companies to perform well. Coca Cola is a recognized brand, so advertising spending is likely to be more effective than that of Samsung. Since the release of the Galaxy line-up by Samsung, the smartphone giant is gaining brand recognition from consumers. A risk for Samsung investors is what will happen if Apple boosts its ad spending. The company spent four times less than Samsung on advertising, but was still more profitable than Samsung.
Written by Chris Lau, KAPITALL Contributor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV