2013 Dallas CIO Executive Leadership Summit: Faster Markets And New Technologies Put Pressure On IT To Deliver Value To The Business
DALLAS, April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The rapid proliferation of new technologies such as cloud, social, mobile and big data has put new pressure on IT to deliver value to markets and lead business growth in today's highly dynamic global economy. CIO leadership and tight alignment of IT with business strategy are critical to success in modern competitive markets.
Those were among the key messages delivered at the 2013 Dallas CIO Executive Leadership Summit, an invitation-only event for top-tier IT industry leaders. The summit was produced by HMG Strategy, LLC, a leading global provider of innovative IT leadership, management and technology support.
"When technology is core to successful business strategy, the relationship between the CIO and the C-suite is absolutely critical," said Hunter Muller, President and CEO of HMG Strategy. "The CIO's role as transformational leader and indispensable business partner is a key driver of growth and value in modern markets."
CIOs and senior IT executives from numerous market-leading organizations attended the summit, held April 3 rd at the Westin Galleria Dallas. Keynote speakers and panelists included:
- Robert Dixon, SVP & Global CIO, PepsiCo, Inc.
- Wes Hargrove, SVP & CIO, 7-Eleven Inc.
- Peter High, Founder & President, Metis Strategy, LLC
- Chris McGugan, VP& GM, Emerging Products & Technology, Avaya
- Frank Slootman, President and CEO, ServiceNow
- Kimberly Stevenson, VP & CIO, Intel Corporation
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts