FERGUS FALLS, Minn., April 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Otter Tail Corporation (Nasdaq:OTTR) hosted 285 shareholders and guests at its annual meeting of common shareholders on Monday, April 8 in Fergus Falls, Minnesota. This was the company's 103rd annual meeting. Represented by proxy or present in person at the meeting were 77% of the corporation's total shares outstanding. Shareholders reelected Mark W. Olson and Gary J. Spies to serve three-year terms on Otter Tail Corporation's board of directors, subject to an orderly succession plan for both. Shareholders also newly elected Kathryn O. Johnson to serve a three-year term on the board. Shareholders ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche to perform the 2013 audit.
Arvid R. Liebe, whose term expired, retired from the board at the time of the 2013 meeting. It is expected that Gary Spies will retire from the Board at the time of the 2014 meeting and Mark Olson will retire from the board at the time of the 2015 annual meeting. These retirements are consistent with governance guidelines of Otter Tail Corporation.
A bout Otter Tail Corporation: Otter Tail Corporation has interests in diversified operations that include an electric utility, manufacturing, and infrastructure businesses. Otter Tail Corporation stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol OTTR. The latest investor and corporate information is available at www.ottertail.com . Corporate offices are located in Fergus Falls, Minnesota, and Fargo, North Dakota.
CONTACT: Investor contact: Loren Hanson, Manager of Investor Relations (218) 739-8481 or (800) 664-1259 Media contact: Michael J. Olsen, Sr. VP Corporate Communications (701) 451-3580 or (866) 410-8780
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV