Fewer Unnecessary Early Deliveries Seen In Multistate, Hospital-Based Study
The March of Dimes has worked with local and national partners, including the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services "Strong Start" initiative, on a campaign to raise awareness about the importance of full-term pregnancy. To see the latest public service ad, go to YouTube at http://youtu.be/D4t0oyT3KP8.
"A Multistate Quality Improvement Program to Decrease Elective Deliveries Before 39 Weeks," by Dr. Oshiro and others, appears in the April 8 online edition of Obstetrics & Gynecology Vol. 121, No. 5, May 2013.
In 2013, the March of Dimes celebrates its 75 th anniversary and its ongoing work to help babies get a healthy start in life. About 4 million babies are born each year in the U.S., and the March of Dimes helps each one through research, education, vaccines, and breakthroughs.
The March of Dimes is the leading nonprofit organization for pregnancy and baby health. With chapters nationwide and its premier event, March for Babies, the March of Dimes works to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality. For the latest resources and information, visit marchofdimes.com or nacersano.org. Find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.Definition of language used in this news release:
- Early term birth: 37-38 completed weeks gestation;
- Full-term birth: refers to 39 to 41 weeks completed gestation;
- Preterm or premature birth: before 37 completed weeks gestation;
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV