Sourcefire Names Becker to Replace Roesch
Becker, a board member at Sourcefire, the Columbia, MD.-based cybersecurity developer, was given the CEO spot on the grounds of his experience with the company and in the industry, said Chairman Lt. Gen. (ret.) Steven R. Polk.
"We are thrilled to announce John as the new CEO of Sourcefire," Polk said in a statement. "He is a seasoned technology leader with a demonstrated track record of success. The board is confident that John will be successful in leading the Company on the execution of its Agile Security vision." Becker will remain on the board in addition to being CEO.
Shares of Sourcefire finished the Monday session higher, up 1% to $55.45. The stock is moving higher in extended-hours on the news, up 0.3% to $55.62.Roesch, who had been the interim CEO since June 28, 2012, will continue to be the company's Chief Technology Officer as well as a board member. Sourcefire also announced that Kevin Klausmeyer would be joining the company's board of directors, being named Chairman of the Company's Audit Committee and a member of its Compensation Committee. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV