Pavlov Media Acquires Assets Of Coretec Communications In Bloomington-Normal And Champaign
CHAMPAIGN, Ill., April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pavlov Media, through its CLEC* division Campus Communications Group, today announced it has acquired the assets of Coretec Communications in Bloomington- Normal and Champaign, Illinois. Those assets improve the ability of Pavlov Media to build and deploy fiber optic services.
"This acquisition adds to Pavlov Media's existing fiber optic network," said Mike O'Linc, President of CCG and Pavlov Media Fiber Services. "The assets we purchased improve our scalability, helping us to provide low-cost last mile connectivity in Bloomington- Normal and Champaign, as well as the many other markets we serve," he added.
Mark Scifres, CEO of Pavlov Media, said, "We are very excited about the opportunities to deliver services over municipal fiber networks. Fiber optic cable combined with Pavlov Media's Tesseractiv™ technology will deliver an unparalleled product value in the markets."Mike Kesler, managing owner of ConnectivityU, added, "CCG's acquisition of the Coretec fiber optic assets enables us to provide high quality big bandwidth Internet connectivity to our MDU property management customers in Bloomington- Normal. This exciting new service will give our customers an edge in leasing new apartments and the retention of existing tenants." "Without a fiber optic network like ours, customers needing a big Gigabit-plus pipeline have to transport their data to a Tier 1 market like Chicago," O'Linc explained. "That diminishes the responsiveness of the web. This acquisition improves our ability to provide Gigabit-plus capacity in Bloomington- Normal and Champaign," O'Linc added. The six former Coretec construction team employees are now part of CCG.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV