DETROIT, April 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company, today announced several changes to its Board of Directors.
- David Fubini, a senior director of McKinsey & Company, Inc., and Lee Roberts, the former chief executive officer of FileNet, were appointed to the company's Board of Directors, effective April 5, 2013.
- W. James Prowse has retired from the Board, effective March 31, 2013. Prowse is retiring from the Board after many years of service to focus on his role as chief financial officer of Covisint and that company's pending initial public offering.
- Gurminder S. Bedi has assumed the position of Chairman of the Board, effective April 1, 2013. Bedi replaces Peter Karmanos, Jr., who had previously announced his intention to retire on March 31, 2013, the end of the company's fiscal year. Karmanos cofounded Compuware in 1973 and had been the Chairman of the Board since the company went public in 1992. Bedi has served as one of Compuware's directors since October 2002. He is a private investor and formerly served as a vice president of Ford Motor Company during a 30-year career there. Bedi also serves on the board of directors of KEMET Corporation and Actuant Corporation, serving on the Governance and Compensation committees for both companies.
"It is an honor to succeed Peter as Compuware's Chairman," said Bedi. "He is a true pioneer in the information technology industry, a brilliant entrepreneur, and a savvy and talented business executive. It is humbling to know that I will be succeeding a man who has had such a meaningful and lasting impact on the high tech landscape over the last forty years. Pete built Compuware from the ground up into one of the most important information technology companies in the world and has positioned it well for future success by transitioning the company into higher growth business sectors. I think I can speak for everyone at Compuware by thanking him for all he has done for Compuware as well as the City of Detroit. His civic and philanthropic contributions to the community have left an indelible mark on the health and well-being of this City. We wish him the best in his post-retirement endeavors. I also want to thank Jim for his many years of service to the company, both as an executive and as a member of the Board. He is a gifted strategist and his depth of experience and strong financial skills have been instrumental over the years in helping build the company. We wish Jim well in helping guide Covisint's future.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts