United States Mint To Launch Baseball Coin Design Competition
WASHINGTON, April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The United States Mint will join U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, U.S. Representative Richard Hanna, Treasurer of the United States Rosie Rios and Hall of Fame third baseman Brooks Robinson to launch the public design competition to select the heads side of the 2014 National Baseball Hall of Fame Gold and Silver Commemorative Coins.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame Commemorative Coin Act (Act) (Public Law 112-152) establishes a three-coin program of $5 gold, $1 silver, and half-dollar clad coins, and requires a competition to select a common obverse (heads) design emblematic of the game of baseball. In addition, the $5 gold and $1 silver coins will be the first "curved" coins minted and issued by the United States Mint, with the reverses (tail sides) being convex to more closely resemble a baseball and the obverses being concave to provide a more dramatic design.
WHAT: Official launch of the Baseball Coin Design Competition to select the heads side of the 2014 National Baseball Hall of Fame Gold and Silver Commemorative Coins.
WHO: U.S. Senator Kirsten GillibrandU.S. Representative Richard Hanna Rosie Rios, Treasurer of the United States Brooks Robinson, representing the National Baseball Hall of Fame Jeff Idelson, President of the National Baseball Hall of Fame Richard Peterson, Acting Director, United States MintWHEN: Thursday, April 11, 2013, at 10:30 a.m. WHERE: Russell Senate Office Building, Room 328 A Constitution Avenue and 1st Street, NE Washington, DC 20002 Credentialed press should enter at the Delaware Avenue entrance on ground level closest to Constitution Avenue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV