NEW YORK, April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The 48th ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS led CBS to a Sunday night victory as the night's top program in viewers and demographics with the event's highest measures in viewers since 1998, in households and adults 18-49 since 2001, and in adults 25-54 since 2000, according to Nielsen preliminary live plus same day ratings for April 7.
Sunday night's broadcast also marked the first time that the ACM Awards have beaten the same season's Country Music Awards (CMAs) in these ratings categories since the advent of people meters.
THE ACM AWARDS (S) swept the night in households (9.2/14), viewers (15.38m), adults 25-54 (5.3/12) and adults 18-49 (4.3/11). THE ACM AWARDS posted its best deliveries in households and adults 18-49 since 2001, in adults 25-54 since 2000 and largest audience since 1998. Compared to last year's ceremony (on April 1), THE ACM AWARDS was up +16% in households (from 7.9/13), +26% in adults 25-54 (from 4.2/10), +39% in adults 18-49 (from 3.1/08) and added +2.29m viewers (from 13.09m, +17%).
Compared to "The CMA Awards" on ABC on Nov. 1, THE ACM AWARDS was ahead by +8% in households (from 8.5/13), +13% in both adults 25-54 (from 4.7/11) and adults 18-49 (from 3.8/10), and led by +1.70m viewers (from 13.68m, +12%).THE ACM AWARDS also broke records online and on social media. Social media mentions around this year's show hit an all-time high, up +285% over last year, according to SocialGuide, and visits to ACM Awards content on CBS.com were up +136% over last year. In addition, more than 1.1 million votes were cast for the Entertainer of the Year and New Artist of the Year categories combined, an increase of +22% over last year's vote.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV