API Hires David McGowan To Lead North Carolina Petroleum Council
RALEIGH, N.C., April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American Petroleum Institute (API) today announced David McGowan as the new executive director of the North Carolina Petroleum Council (NCPC).
"McGowan joins the council at a critical moment in North Carolina's energy history and will help advance the oil and natural gas industry's mission in the state to grow the economy," said API Senior Director of State Relations Rolf Hanson. " North Carolina has a unique and rare opportunity to create thousands of jobs and billions in additional state revenue through onshore shale energy and offshore oil and natural gas development. With this combination of reserves, North Carolina has the potential to become a leading producer of energy in the southeast."
McGowan joins NCPC after serving as director of regulatory affairs for the North Carolina Association of Realtors and will lead NCPC's advocacy efforts and serve as principal spokesperson. He received a BA in U.S. History from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He begins work with NCPC on April 15.
NCPC is a division of API, which represents all segments of America's technology-driven oil and natural gas industry. Its 500-plus members provide most of the nation's energy. The industry also supports 9.2 million U.S. jobs and 7.7 percent of the U.S. economy, delivers $85 million a day in revenue to our government, and since 2000, has invested over $2 trillion in U.S. capital projects to advance all forms of energy, including alternatives.SOURCE American Petroleum Institute
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV