Gary Bauer Calls Margaret Thatcher "One Of The Three Greatest World Leaders Since World War II"
WASHINGTON, April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Former Presidential Candidate Gary Bauer mourned the passing of Margaret Thatcher, who "along with Ronald Reagan and Pope John Paul II were the greatest world leaders of the post-World War II era. We desperately need three more like them today."
Bauer served all 8 years of the Reagan Administration, viewing the accomplishments of that formidable trio first hand.
Now president of American Values, he observed: " Margaret Thatcher, Ronald Reagan and Pope John Paul II brought down the Iron Curtain. That is not an exaggeration. They literally cooperated to free Eastern Europe and liberate the world from Soviet communism.
"The left-wing media despised all of them, and certainly won't give a tip of the hat to the Iron Lady whose conservative, free market policies helped to revitalize Great Britain. It was Margaret Thatcher who famously said, 'The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money.'"Reading news of her life, I was reminded of the remarkable fact that Thatcher, like Ronald Reagan and Pope John Paul II, also survived an assassination attempt. In 1984, the Irish Republican Army planted a time bomb at the hotel where the Conservative Party conference was being held. It blew up at nearly 3:00 AM, collapsing a portion of the hotel. Five people were killed and dozens were injured. Undeterred, Thatcher delivered her speech hours later. "Such strength of character and vision is almost entirely absent among today's political class. But as I observe the great outpouring of admiration for such an exceptional world leader, it is clear that even today, Margaret Thatcher continues to inspire." For more information on American Values, go to: www.ouramericanvalues.org SOURCE American Values
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV