First Lady Susan Corbett Announces Cultural Exchange Program With Brazil
SAO PAULO, April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- First Lady Susan Corbett, joined by Governor Tom Corbett, announced today that a Brazilian music ensemble led by composer and performer Paulo Padilha will participate in a week-long educational and performance residency in Pennsylvania in the fall of 2014.
Mrs. Corbett made the announcement during a Pennsylvania tourism luncheon focused on promoting Pennsylvania as an ideal vacation spot to Brazilian tour operators, travel writers and meeting planners. The luncheon is a part of the Governor's Jobs 1 st Mission to Brazil.
The ensemble will perform at schools and venues in the capitol area. The five week exchange residency is a collaboration between the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts and Arts Midwest's "World Fest" program, which fosters an understanding of and appreciation for global and cultural differences.
"This exchange will give Pennsylvanians a glimpse into the vibrant heritage of Brazilian music," Mrs. Corbett said. "Experiencing the traditions and talents of other cultures through this and other exchanges will allow us to nurture lasting and productive international relationships."As chair of the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, Mrs. Corbett initiated the residency to further strengthen the economic and cultural ties to Brazil. Paulo Padilha and the music ensemble will also provide an array of educational and performance activities designed to reach K-12 students, teachers, families and seniors during their residency week in Pennsylvania. "By experiencing the arts of another culture, we learn more about our potential business partners, their societies, and their values," Mrs. Corbett said. "Fostering an appreciation for other cultures also opens the door to global commerce."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV