- High Hopes – Does 23-year-old slugger Anthony Rizzo have what it takes to reverse the Cubs' curse? Once you know what he's been through to become a Cub, you might say yes. Since being drafted by the Red Sox as a high school senior, he has survived a scary bout with cancer, overwhelming hype about his potential, and a major slump that jeopardized his career. Now Theo Epstein—the same GM who brought two championships to that other long-suffering team in Boston— has handpicked him to lead the Cubs' rebuilding.
- Getting Away with Murder – Chicago made national headlines for its sky-high murder rate in 2012. Just as troubling but less reported is the city's record-low homicide clearance rate. Of the 507 homicides in Chicago last year, only a quarter have been solved. Through interviews with more than 30 police sources and internal police data, writer Noah Isackson explores why police are struggling to bring so many people to justice— leaving them free to kill again.
- Summer Fashion – Whether digital, animal, or floral, prints are hot for summer. Here are the season's best offerings, from dresses to swimsuits.
- Shopping – This new special insert provides a seasonal guide to the best shopping in Chicago, including fresh gift ideas for Mother's Day (coming up on May 12), surprisingly chic options in kids' wear, and colorful accessories to brighten up your home for spring.
Chicago Magazine's May Issue: Best New Restaurants
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.