SAN BERNARDINO, Calif.
April 8, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Stater Bros. is pleased to announce a Groundbreaking Ceremony on
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
at 10:00 a.m.
to celebrate the construction of the Company's newest and most modern supermarket in the
Redlands Village Shopping Center
, which is being developed by Lewis Retail Centers.
The new Redlands Stater Bros. Supermarket will be located on the northwest corner of Lugonia and Wabash Avenues and will replace a smaller Stater Bros. Supermarket located at 1786 Lugonia Avenue.
At 44,000 sq. ft., the new Redlands Stater Bros. Supermarket will be approximately 50% larger than the existing Redlands Supermarket. With wider, customer-friendly aisles, outdoor seating and a decor scheme that will reflect the city's rich history, the new Redlands Stater Bros. is scheduled to open
The new, larger Redlands Stater Bros. Supermarket will offer a greater variety of products
and enhanced customer services. Key enhancements include:
- Full Service Fresh Meat Department with famous Stater Bros. Butchers to serve you
- Full Service Fresh Seafood Department with experts to help with selection plus capability to season and fry on the spot
- Full Service Deli including fried and baked chicken, specialty sandwiches, wraps, taco plates, olive bar and much more
- Self Service Beverage Bar with New Coca-Cola "Freestyle" Fountain Drink Station featuring over 150 flavors of soda, ICEE Drinks, Ice Teas, Espresso, Specialty Coffees, Vanilla Latte and Hot Cocoa
- Full Service Hot Bakery with a full selection of Artisan breads and rolls, plus Ice Cream Cakes, special occasion cakes and cupcakes
- Full Service Floral Department for that special gift of fresh flowers, plants or floral arrangements
- Full Service U.S. Bank
- Garden Fresh Produce Department featuring more than 800 items with expanded organic selections
The new Stater Bros. Redlands Supermarket will also include many environmentally friendly practices:
- Addition of LED lighting in building signage, parking lot lighting, and refrigerated display cases plus use of glass doors and curtains in refrigerated cases that reduces energy usage by 60%
- Environmentally friendly, EPA GreenChill certified, refrigeration system
- New lighting system that uses dimming ballasts, energy efficient lamps and occupancy sensors
- Energy Management System that controls refrigeration, HVAC, Demand Response, and lighting
- Recycling Center located inside for customers to recycle paper and plastic grocery bags
- Earth-conscious alternatives such as Large Grocery Bags made with 100% recycled paper and Reusable Bags for purchase
"Since 1937, Stater Bros. has proudly served the community of
and the Stater Bros. Supermarket Family is especially proud to build this modern and environmentally friendly Stater Bros. Supermarket to better serve our long-time and 'valued' Redlands Customers," stated
Jack H. Brown
, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Stater Bros.
Stater Bros. is the largest privately owned Supermarket Chain in
and the largest private employer in both
San Bernardino County
, with annual sales in 2012 of
. The Company currently operates 167 Supermarkets, and there are over 18,000 members of the Stater Bros. Supermarket Family.
STATER BROS ... PROUDLY SERVING SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FAMILIES FOR 77 YEARS
Vice President Corporate Affairs(909) 733-5038
SOURCE Stater Bros.