In today's job market, graduates need more than what the classroom has to offer to obtain employment. And experiences like the Ford College Ambassador Challenge are essential.
According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), while recruiting and hiring is on the upswing for graduates, it remains very slow. NACE's Job Outlook 2013 survey shows employers anticipate hiring 13 percent more recent college grads this year than last year. This means students need to equip themselves with as many tools as possible to land a job.
According to NACE, eight out of 10 employers who review the resumes of potential college hires are seeking evidence of leadership skills. And 75 percent of employers are looking for problem-solving skills. The College Ambassador Challenge aims to provide experience specific to those employers' needs.
"We are looking for teams who can learn our products and engage potential customers with innovative marketing, leadership and problem-solving skills," said Jelenic. "They'll gain valuable real-world professional experience that they can use upon graduation while showcasing their talents to us."The challenges began mid-March and will run through April 25, 2013. InternQueen.com will tabulate the points and choose the winning team on April 29, 2013. For more information on the Ford College Ambassador Challenge, visit InternQueen.com. About Ford Motor Company Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 171,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com. SOURCE Ford Motor Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV