DEARBORN, Mich., April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) and internship guru Lauren Berger have teamed up for the 2013 Ford College Ambassador Challenge
- The 2013 Ford College Ambassador Challenge helps students acquire specific skills to compete in a job landscape with a slowly increasing employment rate
- Five university teams will compete for prizes through three social media-driven challenges that could lead to a long-term assignment with Ford Motor Company
Fifteen internships in four years sounds like a pretty demanding exercise. Yet Lauren Berger did just that while at the University of Central Florida, and learned how to be a leader and a successful entrepreneur in the process. And now Berger, founder of Intern Queen Inc., is offering students a similar opportunity through the 2013 Ford College Ambassador Challenge.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/61063-ford-college-ambassador-challenge-offers-students-real-world-experience
"Recruiters at companies like Ford are looking for college graduates who have a certain set of skills, and internships are the best source for gaining these skills," said Lee Jelenic, Ford Great Lakes Region Sales and Marketing manager. " Lauren Berger is proof that showing initiative and leadership skills pays off after graduation."Ford and Berger have created three challenges for five teams of up to four members each at universities in the Midwest region. These interactive, social media-driven challenges are designed to empower students with tools for success on the job. Teams from the University of Illinois, University of Pittsburgh, University of Minnesota, University of Michigan and University of Louisville will compete in these exercises in the Ford College Ambassador Challenge:
- "Super segment" viral video: Teams will visit their local Ford dealer and create a one-minute video introducing Ford's super segment – the subcompact and compact cars, small utility vehicles and midsize sedans that represent nearly 50 percent of total new vehicle sales in the U.S.
- Promote Berger's speaking events: Each team will be responsible for marketing and promoting these free speaking events at their universities through flyers, social media and any other means. The school with the largest turnout wins.
- "Race to 120" test drive: Teams will create and implement a marketing plan to encourage up to 120 drivers over the age of 25 to test drive a super segment vehicle at their local dealer. The first team to reach 120 test drives wins that challenge.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts