- Outdoor living rooms. "Adding a roof structure over patios allows people to spend more time in their outdoor space," said Joseph A. Nardo, owner of Private Paradise Construction and an EP Henry contractor. A recent survey by the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) indicated outdoor living spaces earned almost a 95 percent rating in popularity from respondents.
- Multifunctional "kits." This year, EP Henry introduced its Solitaire Kit, which allows customers to convert their fire pit into a fish pond or an aquatic garden. This enables the feature to serve a dual purpose as both a heating source in the cool early spring and fall months and a refreshing water feature in the summer months.
- Outdoor kitchens. Adding to outdoor living spaces, certain amenities such as built-in grills, refrigerators, countertops and concrete seating walls make for a versatile outdoor space that can be enjoyed day or night.
- Sustainable products. Environmental concerns continue to be a strong driver with outdoor projects. Products such as permeable pavers help the environment by allowing rainwater to recharge the ground, reducing stormwater runoff. They can also be used to harvest rainwater for multiple purposes, such as watering gardens, replenishing ponds and fountains or washing cars. EP Henry's ECO line of permeable pavers brings beauty and functionality to sustainable design.
- Natural-looking stone products. "Many of our customers don't like the look of concrete blocks," said Chip Bunch, president of Shan-Gri-La Contractors and an EP Henry contractor. "But the natural look of Cast Veneer Stone™ coupled with its price point makes it a popular product."
Top Five Hardscaping Trends For 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts