NEW YORK, April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- To help students avoid the "summer slide," the learning loss which can occur over summer break, Scholastic (NASDAQ: SCHL), the global children's publishing, education and media company, is launching the seventh annual Scholastic Summer Challenge, a global reading program dedicated to getting kids to read every day throughout the summer when school is out. Beginning April 8, teachers can register their students for the FREE Challenge at www.scholastic.com/summer. The top 20 schools that read and log the most minutes this summer will be featured in the 2014 Scholastic Book of World Records, and the top school will win a visit from Captain Underpants author, Dav Pilkey.
Teachers who register their students before June 30, 2013 can enter for a chance to win a classroom library.
The Scholastic Summer Challenge program has lots of FREE tools and resources for teachers to help transition their students into summer:
- Register your entire class for the Summer Challenge using Bulk Classroom Registration;
- Visit your Teacher Dashboard to track students' reading and to email parents;
- Access daily tips and enter to win giveaways on Facebook with the new Summer Challenge Calendar App;
- Download free printables, activities, and age-appropriate summer reading booklists, which includes titles chosen to meet the Common Core State Standards;
- Add a free Scholastic Summer Reading tout to your school website.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV