American Well Announces Telehealth Pilot For Clinical Care Programs At Massachusetts General Hospital
BOSTON, April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- American Well® today announced a three-pronged telehealth pilot program at Massachusetts General Hospital (Mass General). This program is designed to bring healthcare services to current patients in Massachusetts, focusing first on Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Heart Failure and Neurology, by making physicians available to patients through live, real-time video visits.
"Telemedicine is a critical tool in improving access to care and overcoming barriers created by geography, income or social circumstance," said Dr. Lee H. Schwamm, Vice Chair of Neurology and Medical Director of TeleHealth at Massachusetts General Hospital. "The technology enables us to extend our reach and deliver the highest quality of care to members of our own system and to a broader population of patients as well."
Through a six-month pilot with Massachusetts General Hospital TeleHealth, scheduled to launch this month, the program will offer patients access to telehealth visits in three clinical areas – Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Heart Failure and Neurological Movement Disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: The pilot program will focus on children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder (Autism) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Parents and children dealing with Autism and ADHD often find it difficult to find appropriate resources locally or to secure after school appointments. The program will allow participating physicians to see existing patients in their own homes.
- Heart Failure: The pilot program will give cardiologists the ability to hold video visits with patients at home. The program will begin with heart failure patients as they require close monitoring by their care team for successful disease management.
- Neurology: The pilot program will focus on follow-up visits for patients with limited mobility, which makes travel difficult and home visits ideal.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV