ORLANDO, Fla., April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, the U.S. Department of Commerce recognized Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) Missiles and Fire Control with the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award at the Quest for Excellence Conference in Baltimore, Md.
The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award represents the highest honor awarded to American companies for their achievements in leadership, strategic planning, customer relations, measurement and analysis, workforce and operations focus, and results. Named after former U.S. Secretary of Commerce Malcolm Baldrige, Congress established the award program to promote the importance of quality and performance excellence, and to encourage the sharing of best practices.
To encourage performance excellence within the manufacturing industry, Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control is sharing its seven principles for performance excellence.Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 120,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The Corporation's net sales for 2012 were $47.2 billion.
For additional information, visit our website: http://www.lockheedmartin.com
SOURCE Lockheed Martin
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV