Cramer Quick Take: Look Beyond Alcoa's Earnings
Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
That's because no matter what the company reports, it will never be good enough, said Cramer. Many people simply use Alcoa as a barometer for worldwide GDP and don't judge the company on its excellent products or management.
Alcoa may have strong sales in aerospace, automotive, cans and bottles, and even develop cutting-edge skins for the hottest consumer electronics gadgets, but that won't be enough to move the needle. Alcoa trades more on the price of the commodity and swings with global currencies, he added.To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV