Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
He spoke after the company announced it's buying Lufkin Industries (LUFK), makers of the oil pumps that are seen bobbing up and down on oil fields across the globe.
Cramer said that while GE remains strong in both health care and aerospace, the company is shedding its non-core assets, such as entertainment, to get back to its industrial roots. He said that GE will be making a big play into energy over the next few years and Lufkin was a prime target given its low valuation.Cramer said he'd be a buyer of GE at current levels as he sees the company's move into oil and gas will translate into a multi-year move higher for the stock. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV