4 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (NYSE: CM) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.70%. Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce provides various financial products and services to individual, small business, commercial, corporate, and institutional customers in Canada and internationally. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.00. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce has been 152,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce has a market cap of $31.5 billion and is part of the banking industry. Shares are down 3.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK is currently very high, coming in at 76.10%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.68% is above that of the industry average.
- CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK increased its bottom line by earning $7.85 versus $7.30 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Commercial Banks industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 4.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $832.00 million to $796.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $1,455.00 million or 39.07% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV