Michigan Association Of Counties Recognizes Legislators As Friends Of MAC
LANSING, Mich., April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Three Senators were recognized at the M.A.C. Legislative Conference for outstanding service to counties in the legislature. "Friends of M.A.C." awards were given to Sen. Darwin Booher (R- Osceola County), Sen. Tom Casperson (R- Delta County), and Sen. Vince Gregory (D- Oakland County).
The senators were recognized for their tremendous commitment to county government over their careers in the legislature. The have sponsored landmark legislation reforming Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILT), seeing it through to implementation, are leading the charge on mandate reform, and continue to speak up to protect counties interests in the legislature.
"I want to thank MAC for this award," Booher said. "I am honored to be recognized by an organization that represents our local governments and works to educate policy makers about the impact state decisions can have on its communities."Booher, elected to the Michigan Senate in November 2010, served three terms in the Michigan House of Representatives and 28 years in local government for Osceola Township. In addition to sponsoring Public Act 604 requiring full PILT payments in a timely manner, Booher sponsored Public Act 619 that changes the criteria for the purchase of state-owned land and provides preference to projects or acquisitions within a local government that supports the acquisition. In addition to sponsoring Public Act 603, which raised the reimbursement paid to local government for state-owned tax-reverted properties from one hundred percent, Casperson sponsored Public Act 240 and Public Act 622. Public Act 240 places a statewide cap on the amount of land the state can own, while Public Act 622 alters procedures for state surplus land.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV