StreetEasy Releases 1Q 2013 Miami Residential Market Report Revealing Signs Of Continuing Strength
MIAMI, April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The First Quarter 2013 Miami Residential Market Report reveals signs that the Miami market is continuing to strengthen. For the eighth consecutive quarter, since 2Q 2011, Miami Dade's overall median sales price has gone up year over year. Current median sales price is $172,900, a 4.8% increase since last year.
Today marks the release of the first Miami Residential Market Report produced by StreetEasy.com, a comprehensive real estate information website. The report tracks the market trends of the greater metropolitan area with quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year comparisons.
"As in so much of the country, inventory has been extremely tight. Couple that with increased demand from domestic and foreign buyers, and it's no surprise to see not only an increase in median sales price but also an almost 20% drop in distressed sales this quarter," says Sofia Song, Head of Research at StreetEasy.com.
According to the report, there were 20% fewer condo distressed sales since last year and 17% fewer single-family home distressed sales. Additionally, the number of closed transactions increased by 18.5% since a year ago.Some highlights of the Miami report include the following:
- New Developments – New development inventory has been slow to enter the market. This quarter, there was 45.8% fewer new development sales compared to a year ago. Yet, there were 33 closings this quarter that were above $3M, a 136% increase since the prior quarter. Average PPSF jumped to $532 this quarter, an increase of 52% since what was traded a year ago.
- Condo Resales – This segment of the market had an increase of 21.5% in the number of transactions this quarter compared to a year ago and a 3.6% increase in median sales price.
- Single-Family Home Resales – 67% of all single-family homes sold this quarter was under $300K. Additionally, the median price was $195,900 this quarter, an 18.7% increase compared to a year ago.
- Greater Aventura & Bal Harbour : Golden Beach, Sunny Isles, Ojus, Aventura, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Surfside, and Indian Creek
- Upper Miami Beach : La Gorce, La Gorce Island, Allison Island, Mid Beach, Nautilus, Bayshore, Sunset Islands, North Bay Road, Biscayne Point, Normandy Island, and North Beach
- South Beach & Fisher Island
- Urban Core : City of Miami (includes Downtown Miami & Brickell), Coral Gables, Key Biscayne, Pinecrest, and South Miami
- Southwest Miami Dade : Kendall, Doral City, Sweetwater, Tamiami, University Park, Westchester, Fountainbleu, and Coral Terrace
- Northeast Miami Dade : Miami Shores, North Miami, Biscayne Park, North Miami Beach, and Golden Glades
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV