"DAVE" Wins Audience Award At The 2013 Durango Independent Film Festival
AUSTIN, Texas and DURANGO, Colo., April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Crowfly Pictures Entertainment, Through The Fog Pictures and Durango Film – an Independent Film Festival, announced that the mentor themed feature documentary, "DAVE," won the audience award at the recent film festival.
Produced from 2006 to 2012, "DAVE" is the hope filled story of Adam Donyes, an unlikely young mentor that uses basketball to shepherd an intellectually disabled minority teen ( David Sterling) in rural Missouri and is led into beginning to heal the broken pieces in his own life.
Eric Geadelmann, the director & producer of the critically-acclaimed film expressed, "
Although I've seen this movie hundreds - if not a thousand times- sitting in the sold-out Gaslight Theatre in
Durango with my 8 year old son I found myself connecting even deeper to the message of our need for a Father figure. I'm both humbled and excited that this film is being used to inspire so many to be like Adam and invest in the lives of others – to step up and play that part."
Executive Producer, Toby Mckeehan (aka "TOBYMAC") a multi-platinum and multi-Grammy winning singer/songwriter whose most recent album release "Eye On It" had a #1 debut on the Billboard Music Charts and won the Grammy for "Best Contemporary Christian Album," stated, "Our goal is to go beyond just making audiences feel good, but to truly inspire and enable them to be intentional in society – in investing in the lives of others. 'DAVE' points us in that direction."
Academy Award nominated filmmaker and prolific producer Michael Tollin (Executive Producer of "DAVE") added, " Adam asks us 'Why do we invest in the lives of others?' This film answers that in a profound and moving way."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV