Newly Released Common Core Resources And Materials Are Now Available To All Teachers
National Math and Science Initiative is providing teachers unlimited access to the PARCC open-source learning management system
DALLAS, April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Math and Science Initiative (NMSI), a non-profit organization launched in 2007 to transform math and science education in the United States, announced today that they will make Common Core State Standards (CCSS) resources available to all teachers with unlimited access.
In 2012, the National Math and Science Initiative was selected to partner with the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) to launch the Educator Leader Cadres (ELCs) initiative. PARCC is a 22 state consortium working collectively to design and develop a common set of next-generation K-12 assessments in math and English anchored in what it takes to be college and career-ready.The PARCC Educator Leader Cadres (ELCs) help each state build and expand the number of educators who understand, support and feel ownership of the successful implementation of the CCSS and PARCC assessments. NMSI has hosted face-to-face meetings and webinars for the ELCs in these states to develop expertise and guide implementation of the CCSS. Because many of the materials and resources produced through this partnership are applicable to any state implementing the CCSS, NMSI is now providing access to the PARCC open-source learning management system to educators across the country. Additional materials and resources will continue to be released through the 2014-2015 school year. "We are excited to be able to provide teachers and administrators with resources that target the Common Core State Standards. This growing repository of tools will provide resources for successful implementation of the standards and assessments," said Sara Martinez Tucker, NMSI President and CEO. " Common Core instructional resources focus on strategies for building higher-order thinking, effective communication, and problem solving skills in the context of the discipline." Released materials are organized under the following strands:
- PARCC Updates (e.g., Assessment and implementation)
- Curricular Tools (e.g., Model Content Frameworks, Tri-State Rubric)
- Instructional Resources (e.g., Using literary and informational texts, moving from single to multiple standards in mathematic instruction, science and social studies literacy)
- Diverse Student Populations (e.g., Strategies for English Language Learners and Gifted and Talented Students, Testing Accommodations for students with disabilities)
- Higher Education (e.g., College and Career Ready Determination, Models for pre-service teacher training)
- Leadership (e.g., Administrator resources, state updates)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV