MCLEAN, Va., April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- April is National Financial Literacy Month, and two industry leaders are using this opportunity to help dollars make sense for millions of students nationwide. USA TODAY Education and Great American Financial Resources ®, Inc. are proud to offer Money Matters 101, a series of free lesson plans prepared especially for middle and high school students.
Designed for educators to help students build a strong financial future, the lessons are based on USA TODAY articles and feature credible information from financial experts, discussion questions and activities for engagement. Topics include budgeting wisely, credit card use and debt, saving for college, investing and more.
"Educating young people about personal finance is critical to the economic strength of our country. USA TODAY is pleased to continue our long term collaboration with Great American Financial Resources to provide excellent resources on this topic to educators," said Diane Barrett, vice president, Education, USA TODAY."We learned in a 2010 national financial literacy survey (1) that 89% of teachers believe that financial education is key; but very few of those survey respondents felt they had adequate resources to teach on the topic," says Mat Dutkiewicz, executive vice president of Great American Financial Resources. "Money Matters 101 is designed to help fulfill that need. We believe that teachers deserve the best, and we are pleased to help them and their students with this program." More than 30 free lessons are available for unlimited use in the classroom. Each lesson is designed to be completed in one class period. Visit http://usatodayeducation.com/k12/money-matters-101 to access the lessons. In addition to providing this classroom resource, a financial professional in your area may be available to guest-teach a lesson. Call (800) 438.3398, ext. 17197 for complete details.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV