Americans Taking Advantage Of Ability To Watch TV On Their Own Schedules
NEW YORK, April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Video on demand. DVR's. Streaming content. Entire seasons of television shows collected in DVD box sets. Americans' TV viewing habits were once at the mercy of network schedules, but now there are more ways than ever to watch shows on one's own schedule – and Americans are largely taking advantage of these options.
Nearly eight in ten Americans (78%) have ever utilized the varied technologies that enable us to watch TV shows on our own schedules, with the top methods including on demand services (41% total, 34% cable, 9% satellite); TiVo, DVR's or other recording devices (37%), Netflix streaming services (30%), purchasing, renting or borrowing episodes or seasons on DVD (29%) and Hulu or Hulu Plus (22%). And of those who do so, over six in ten (62%) confirm that they ever watch multiple episodes of a single TV show at a time, sometimes called "binge viewing."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV