"We also note that Agrium's opposition to adding a minority of new voices to the board was based on its claim that an overwhelming number of shareholders did not favor such change," he added. "Now that this has been disproven, it is time to accept that result rather than continuing to fight behind the scenes."
Mr. Rosenstein also called on the Agrium board to put the campaign behind it and start the important work of coming together for the benefit of all shareholders.
"There is no good reason why the full board cannot work with a small number of new directors, particularly given the many areas of mutual agreement, including the importance of cost management, the benefits of a shareholder-friendly capital allocation policy, the value of enhanced disclosure to shed light on the value of Agrium's businesses, and the benefits of properly incentivizing management to profitably grow those businesses," he said. "There is also no harm that can come from hearing our opinions on matters where we disagree. We are ready to put this campaign behind us and turn to the much more fruitful task of working together collaboratively, and we ask that the full board join us in doing so."
JANA urges any shareholder who is asked to alter their vote, or who has not voted and is now asked to vote by Agrium, to vote the BLUE proxy in case Agrium extends the voting deadline.For questions or assistance, please contact Kingsdale Shareholder Services Inc., at 1-866-581-1514 toll-free in North America, or 1-416-867-2272 outside of North America, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. SOURCE JANA Partners LLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV