- It appears that, after receiving the results on Friday, Agrium began contacting shareholders urging them to switch their votes away from Mr. Rosenstein and Mr. Bullock to other JANA nominees, without disclosing that those other nominees do not have enough votes to be elected. Agrium has also apparently asked some shareholders to support only Mr. Rosenstein, while asking others to support only Mr. Bullock.
- In each case, it appears that Agrium's goal is to lower the overall vote totals for both Mr. Rosenstein and Mr. Bullock to prevent either from being elected, by creating the false impression that if a shareholder moves their vote away from one JANA nominee another JANA nominee will still be elected.
JANA Partners Predicts Success - Asks Agrium To Stop Post-Deadline Campaigning And Start Working Collaboratively With New Directors
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.