Settlement Reached In Lawsuit About Tree Damage Caused By The Weed-Killer Imprelis®
PHILADELPHIA, April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A settlement has been reached in a lawsuit with the manufacturer of the weed-killer Imprelis ®. The lawsuit claims that Imprelis ® killed and damaged trees and other non-target vegetation.
To view the multimedia content, please click: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/60753-imprelis-tree-damage-settlement/
Imprelis ® was used by lawn care professionals on residential and commercial properties, as well as by golf courses, between August 31, 2010 and August 21, 2011, across the country--except California and New York.Settlement Counsel for the Classes, Robert S. Kitchenoff, says "this settlement will provide substantial benefits for property owners whose trees were damaged as a result of Imprelis ® , including additional benefits for persons who have already accepted benefits in the manufacturer's settlement program." There are three classes of consumers and businesses who benefit from the settlement. Eligible class members are included even if they previously submitted and/or accepted a claim through the manufacturer's Imprelis ® Claims Resolution Process. Class 1 - Property Owners
- This class includes those who own property where Imprelis ® was directly applied, as well as adjacent property owners. Adjacent property owners must have Imprelis ® damage as of February 11, 2013.
- Class 1 benefits include: tree removal, cash payments for tree replacement and care, and a limited warranty for any future Imprelis ® tree damage.
- Class 1 members do not give up any rights relating to future environmental damage or any claims for personal injury.
- This class includes lawn care professionals who applied Imprelis ® to property owned by another person or entity as part of their normal business.
- Class 2 benefits include: reimbursement for time and expenses incurred assessing Imprelis ® damage on customers' properties prior to September 6, 2011, refunds for the return of any unused Imprelis ®, and compensation for assisting customers with the Settlement Claims Process, if approved.
- This class includes golf courses and other self-applicators who applied Imprelis ® on property that they own or owned.
- In addition to all of the benefits available to Class 1 members, Class 3 benefits also include: reimbursement up to $2,000 for time and expenses incurred assessing Imprelis ® damage, as well as refunds for the return of any unused Imprelis ®.
- Class 3 members do not give up any rights relating to future environmental damage or any claims for personal injury.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV