NYACK, N.Y., April 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- First Niagara Financial Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:FNFG) named Cathie A. Schaffer to serve as Regional President for the bank's newly formed Tri-State Region, which includes markets in Lower Hudson Valley, Fairfield County, CT and Northern New Jersey. In this role, Schaffer will lead a team of bankers responsible for Business Banking, Middle Market Lending, and Corporate Lending activities in the region. She also has overall responsibility for the alignment and collaborative delivery of all consumer and commercial products across the region. Schaffer reports to David V. Ring, Managing Director, Enterprise Banking, who has corporate-wide responsibility for commercial business lending activities in all the markets where the bank operates.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17998
Schaffer is a Westchester native who has served the commercial banking needs of the Westchester and Hudson Valley markets for more than 20 years. She joins First Niagara from J.P. Morgan Chase, where she was Senior Vice President & Division Manager, responsible for managing Middle Market Banking activities within a market territory that spanned Hudson Valley, Westchester, the Bronx, and Southern Connecticut. Schaffer began her banking career in New York with The Bank of New York, where she held commercial banking positions of increasing responsibility, culminating in her role as Senior Vice President & Group Head of Commercial Banking for the Westchester/Putnam/Bronx region. She has served on the boards of the Business Council of Westchester and the Food Bank for Westchester.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV